Your best before & after SPM archive in the world!

Sunday 14 July 2013

WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HAVING BOTH PARENTS WORKING ENGLISH ESSAY EXAMPLE

Suitable Title:
ADVANTAGE OF BOTH PARENTS WORKING
DISADVANTAGE OF BOTH PARENTS WORKING
EFFECT ON CHILDREN OF WORKING PARENTS
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CHILDREN AND PARENTS

Quote for SUCCESS >>> LUCK IS FOR THOSE WHO KEEP TRYING !!!!


There are several advantages and disadvantages to having both parents in the workforce. The obvious advantage would be that the household income would double if both parents work. My father often tells me that children we children are very fortunate. During his school days, he did not have the luxury of owning expensive toys. They were no such luxuries like engaging with a private tutor to help them in their school work. With both my parents working, they can afford to give us the very best. They can buy us more assessment books, employ a private tutor to help us revise our schoolwork as well as send us for music lesson. We can even afford to upgrade our housing from a flat to a private condominium and go for vacations in exotic places.

Working parents tend to be loser to each other as they can better identify with each other’s problems at work. When my mother was a housewife, she could not fully comprehend the kind of pressures and frustration my father had to face at work. Very often, they would quarrel when my father had to go overtime or entertain clients. However, the situation improved when my mother went out to work. My father began to confide more freely in my mother. Since then, they do not quarrel as frequently and there is harmony at home.

The children of two working parents tend to develop independence at a young age. As my parents are both working, I have to do everything myself. I have to see to my own meals, wash my own clothes and do my schoolwork without having them breathe down my neck. In the process, I learn time management and enjoy my freedom. This works well only in cases where the children are sensible enough to tell right from wrong.

In some cases, the opposite often happens. The children may not do their homework without having their mother to guide them. They may waste their time talking over the phone, watching television or playing in all the time. In extreme cases, they would spend their spare time shopping, going to the cinema or hanging around the public places. Some get involved with bad company and pick up habits such as smoking and gambling. I believe that parents should exercise their judgment, as they know children best. If their children are those who lack discipline, then it is best for mother to stay home and be responsible for the upbringing of the children, at least until the latter are better able to take care of themselves.


Some working parents leave their children to the care of the maids. However, one cannot expect the maids to impart family values or instill discipline in such children. It has to be responsibility of the parents. With two working parents he time spend with their children is definitely compromised. They only have time attend to their children at night or during the weekends. By then, they are sometimes so exhausted that they need time-out themselves. In some cases, parents may even need to work overtime and sacrifice whatever little tile they have with their children. The children may feel neglected and lost and this may have negative impact or influence on them. In such instances, family ties will be weakened. Family problems arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© SPM tricks,questions and more
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top